What to Pack

 Dorm Room Packing List: What Every College Girl Needs | Every College Girl

 Above photo: 1,020 × 948

Your Go To College Packing Advice

By: Bella DeFranco

If you're like me then you overthink packing. Packing is a love hate relationship for some, some oddly adoring it and some dreading it. But, collecting all your belongings for college is an extra strange surge of emotions. We'll address what to expect with those emotions as well as the must needs for your introduction to college living. 

First and foremost is your clothes. I'm a clothes lover so I attempted to pack my entire closet into just a shoebox of a dorm room. I truly do not recommend that. Pack what you wear most and based according to seasons. Prepare for your college areas seasons, I know mine are typically on the warmer side but I still include a good amount of cooler options. 

Trust yourself, because you know best on your routine of what clothes you wear. And also including how often you wear them.

How to Style a Clothing Rack | Aesthetic Tips - Venti Fashion

Above image: 1,200 × 800 

As we move on to the essentials of your dorm room, I recommend going into the notes app on your phone. I say this because checklists for packing become your best friend. You can keep a tally on what items you need in a list to get, what items you have already packed etc. This way it makes the visual of seeing what you need and already have easier.


With that being said, the necessities of a dorm room seem overwhelmingly vast. The top choices are to take advantage of where storage products can get you (such as under the bed). You will definitely be wanting your basics of bedding, shower essentials (shower caddy, shower shoes), a fan, a vacuum, and better lighting choices other than the harsh ceiling ones they provide. 

I'll leave it up to you to explore on self research the different options of products you may need in your room.

Lastly, I can't stress this enough how important personal style can be. You want something that feels homey, and comforting but also provides a safe space as you begin this journey. I filled my dorm room with colors, posters, photos of my family and friends, and even a few stuffed animals. As much as I love interior decorating, this mentally also helped me insanely with the shift from being at home to a new environment/ shared living space. 

35 Best Dorm Color Schemes For Your Freshman Dorm Room | Dorm room decor, Dorm  room colors, Room makeover bedroom
Above image: 563 × 751


(378)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greek Life?

Academic Management How To's

The First Steps