The First Steps

By: Bella DeFranco

You get dropped off by your parents or loved ones on your university campus. You feel scared yet excited for what is to come. You've been physically and mentally preparing all summer for this moment of your life. Every college student has started, continued, and finished the specific journey of "leaving the nest". I'm here to help you navigate through such new beginnings... because they're a lot of them.

Leaving for college is an event that seems so drastic, everyone talks about it. Your parents typically are holding tissues as they leave you in your dorm room, in a different city, however many miles away. I am a second year in college now, and my parents still do the same thing as when I moved into my apartment. Homesickness is real, and has an impact sometimes hard to be able to detect.

Anxiety Disorders And Anxiety Attacks – Find A Therapist

Above: 1,000 × 667 anxiety-disorders-and-anxiety-attacks

However, all these changes at once doesn't have to and or means it is a bad thing. Sure, it's overstimulating going from living on your own to asking, "How am I supposed to balance school on top of this?" I wish someone had told me this and reminded me of it nonstop as I began my journey. It's now in my best interest to help those who need those reminders/tips and tricks.

There's many ways to explore on gaining your confidence of living the college life. Whether it's how to organize yourself in classes, learn your way around campus, social life, and balancing your self care. Your head feels like it's going to implode, I know. But, I promise we're all in this together through the power of providing you with support.

I want to help you bloom. I want to give the tools of conquering college fears while also advancing new ways to continue to steer through your college years. Even still putting it to use when you're a second or third year.

Pin on Curaluz flower gifs  

Above: flower-gif--360147301458466200

(307 words)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Academic Management How To's

Emotional Turmoil